Let us know you want to join
Let us know what you'd like to do, and we'd be very happy to help you.
To do list
Here are some of the general tasks that need to be done in DejaVu:
Working on the fonts:
- adding new glyphs (a glyph is the drawing of a letter, punctuation mark, etc.): we have already many of them, but we need more to support more languages
- hinting glyphs: not the easiest task, but really needed to make nice screen fonts
- correcting glyphs: not all glyphs are drawn as nicely as they could, so we're open for improvements (note that we do not change the basic Latin glyphs)
- fixing bugs: if you fix a bug entered in our bug tracker you'll immediately make someone happy
Working on our wiki:
- improve documentation
- translating the core wiki pages
Of course you can also always help the project with other tasks like promoting the fonts to users or people who might be interested in contributing.
Getting started working on the fonts
Step by step instructions are available at Beginner's_guide.
The Developer's_Corner also has a lot of information which you have to read once if you want to work on the fonts. It's a lot of information, and if you don't understand something, just ask us.