How to report bugs
File bug report for DejaVu product in freedesktop.org Bugzilla. You may want to browse open bug reports before reporting new one.
What to do when reporting bugs
If the bug is just a glyph that looks like a different glyph, first make sure that it is no caching problem by restarting your desktop (it often occurs when you reinstall fonts), since a bug like this is quite unlikely.
If the bug involves bad rendering of certain glyphs, please post a screenshot as well. Fonts can be rendered completely different on various desktops, so what you see is often not what we see. As such, it's appreciated to include as much information as you can, including:
- the character that looks wrong, or the string needed to see the problem (obviously)
- your desktop and operating system/distribution, and which programs show the problem (and if any: which programs don't show it)
- (mainly for Linux users) various font settings if you've been editing them
- when the problem appears (all sizes, or just at specific font size)
- (for Linux users) if it's just at specific sizes, it's also helpful to test whether you use the freetype autohinter: open a character map program (like GucharMap or KCharSelect) and find the characters for U+F000 and U+F001 in DejaVu Sans Regular, or copy these to an editor: "". If these look somewhat like "88 88" you're using the autohinter; if not you'll see another number. In that case it's also useful to find the exact font size the bug appears and tell us what numbers you see. If you're using the autohinter, there's a high probability it's not a DejaVu bug but a freetype one.
For the (now deprecate) bug list that used to be on this page, see here.